Home About Us Amanda's Classroom Ashley's Classroom Freebies Ashley's Instagram Amanda's Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Made It {Connect with Articulation}

Happy Monday! I am very excited to be linking up with Tara for Monday Made It!


This made it is part of my newest TPT item and I thought Monday would be the perfect opportunity to "make it!" I have provided a quick tutorial and helpful recommendations for my new activity, Connect with Articulation!


Connect with Articulation is to be used in accompaniment with Connect 4. There are over 400 target words included in this set. Target words are provided with red and yellow rings which will allow you to create the discs that will best fit your needs. The target position and sound can be found at the bottom of each disc to help with sorting. So, here's how to assemble the discs for the game. 


There are 21 red discs and 21 yellow discs in the Connect 4 game. You are able to target 4 different sounds if you choose to use both sides of the discs. For my first set, I have /s/ and /z/ target words the red discs and /ch/ and /j/ target words on the yellow discs. 


Cut out the target words. Using a one inch hole punch makes assembly easier, but it is not required. I found this hole punch at Hobby Lobby for $4.00 (with the 40% off coupon.)

By purchasing additional discs, you can make multiple sets with different target words. I found this one at my local thrift store for only $2.99!


Have your students say the word on the disc before taking a turn. You may also have your students make phrases and sentences with the target words. 

Hope everyone has an amazing week! :)
Ths

2 comments:

  1. This will quickly turn into one of my favorite activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you so much!! :) I hope your students love it!

    ReplyDelete